We can help you with
- Waiting list mediation
- Finding the correct treatment and health care provider
Waiting list mediation
Has your general practitioner (GP) referred you to a specialist for consultation, examination or treatment? When you are confronted by a long waiting list the members of the geZZondteam can help you find care providers in your region where you can be helped faster. The geZZondteam can actively mediate on your behalf and may be able to get you a faster appointment with another care provider.
Quality is our priority
Our geZZondteam can mediate for you if you feel that you have to wait too long for treatment. If you call our team or request their help online (Dutch), we will seek a treatment plan with another health care provider that offers similar, or better, healthcare service. This might not always the absolute fastest option as we also take quality into account when making our proposal.
4 steps to request mediation
- Upon receiving your request for waiting list mediation, we will search for a specialist or institution where your appointment can be made quickly.
- We will then present you with the options.
- You can then decide whether to agree or disagree with our proposal. If you need some time to decide, you can take that time.
- We will provide you with all the necessary information and documentation to enable you to make the appointments yourself.
Finding your way in the healthcare system
It can be difficult to find your way in the Dutch healthcare system. For this reason, the geZZondteam is at your service to help you navigate your way and help you to find the right treatment or healthcare provider for you.
Questions and advice
If you have question or need advice the GeZZondteam is available to help you find your way through the healthcare system. Together, you can explore the possibilities and they will give you a professional answer. Based on that, they will offer you advice allowing you to make an informed decision about what you would like to do. This applies to the following situations, among others:
- Finding a new GP or dentist after you have moved to a new area
- Finding a physiotherapist or psychologist who can see you quickly
- Finding a medical specialist with a specific medical expertise
- Answering question within the framework of the GGZ (mental healthcare
Finding a healthcare professional yourself
Would you prefer to look for a healthcare professional on your own first? If so you can make use of the 'Zorgzoeker' page on this website. By entering your zipcode you can find a healthcare professional in your area.
We are available should you need advice on a second opinion. For further information or advice please call (071) 5 825 828. Or ask your question via e-mail.
Good to know
- You are responsible for making sure that your new that your new care provider receives your medical files
- There is no minimum waiting time for your appointment for you to be able to get mediation
- We are unable to influence the waiting list you are currently on
- We cannot influence the priority giving to your case by the hospital
- The options provided to you will only include care providers contracted with Zorg en Zekerheid
- Not every treatment will be possible in all hospitals
- Mediation may not be possible due to the nature of the medical case