Our health insurance provides the greatest freedom of choice with regard to care providers and hospitals.
Zorg Vrij Policy in short
- 100% reimbursement with contracted care providers
- 100% reimbursement with non-contracted care providers, provided that the costs are reasonable
- 75% reimbursement for non-contracted district nursing
- 80% reimbursement for non-contracted mental healthcare
The Zorg Vrij Policy is a combination policy
From 2022, the Zorg Vrij Policy will be a combination policy. Healthcare will be reimbursed both on the basis of non-contracted care and contracted care.
- Reimbursement based on non-contracted care means that you will receive an invoice for the care you have received – you then claim that amount from us
- Reimbursement based on contracted care means that the care provider will claim reimbursement directly from Zorg en Zekerheid based on a care contract they have with us
What is reimbursed?
The basic insurance policy, for example, covers the costs of the GP, hospital treatment, medication, patient transport, obstetric care and maternity care. For most types of care, it is irrelevant whether or not the care provider that you visit has a contract with us. You are entitled to 100% reimbursement of the costs – if the costs are not excessively high. Our assessment will look at what comparable healthcare providers charge for a certain type of treatment in the Netherlands.
The only situation in which you may have to pay part of the invoice yourself, is if you purchase district nursing care or mental health care from a non-contracted care provider. This is because you are entitled to contracted care. You will receive a lower reimbursement for care from a non-contracted care provider. For non-contracted district nursing care, reimbursement is up to 75% of the prevailing market rate and 80% of the prevailing market rate for non-contracted mental healthcare.
If you wish to be assured of coverage for care such as physiotherapy treatment, dental care, contraceptives and glasses, you can extend your basic insurance policy with one of our supplementary insurances.
Good to know
- In our online insurance shop (Dutch), you can check whether you receive a discount on your health insurance through your employer.
Take out health insurance
You can easily have a look at your discount options and take out your own insurance in our online insurance shop (Dutch).
- You are welcome! Zorg en Zekerheid does not look at age or health
- Online invoices are paid within 5 working days
- We co-insure children under the age of 18 at no charge
Prefer personal contact? You are always welcome to call 071-5 825 825 (Monday - Friday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm) or drop by one of our shops (open Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 5:30 pm).